1. Information Collection, Use, and Opting Out
The types of information we collect depend on your level of engagement with the Sites. The higher the level, the more information we need to provide our services.
A. All EmployeeRecognizer Website and Users of the EmployeeRecognizer Applications
From registered and unregistered users of the Sites, we automatically receive and record information whenever you interact with the Sites. This includes IP address data from our server logs, cookie information, the pages you request, and the URL of the site you came to the Sites from. From all Users of the EmployeeRecognizer Applications (“App Users”) we also collect the mobile device ID and your geo-location information so that we can interact with you; we need to know where to direct responsive Application pages and it allows us to provide geo specific information, such as homes for sale near you. Your IP address serves the same function for website Users. App Users can turn off our access to your geo-location by adjusting “location services” within your iOS or Android device settings. We use the information listed above to help diagnose Site problems and performance, analyze trends, customize your experience on the Sites, and administer the Sites.
Cookies and opting out:
- EmployeeRecognizer Cookies: We put EmployeeRecognizer cookies on your computer to help us keep track of when you were last on the Sites, and what you last searched on the Sites. While you are free to disable cookies on your browser, we recommend that you leave cookies activated to use some of the most useful EmployeeRecognizer features.
- Third-Party Cookies Used to Target Ads to You When You are on Other Websites: The Google Doubleclick cookie will inform Google that you visited the Sites. Google may serve EmployeeRecognizer ads to you on other websites on our behalf. Similarly, the Sites drop cookies on your browser that are read when you visit Facebook, so that during your visits to the Facebook website you might receive EmployeeRecognizer advertising based on the pages you visited on the Sites. We may work with other companies and use their cookies to target EmployeeRecognizer ads to you on other websites.
- Opting Out of Google Analytics: To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, click here for instructions.
- Opting Out of Google Advertising: To opt out of Google interest-based advertising, click here to see your Google ad settings.
- Opting Out Generally: The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt-out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes (for example, serving EmployeeRecognizer ads to you on Facebook), click here for instructions. Choices you make are both browser and device-specific. This means that, for example, if you opt out when using Safari on your phone, you will not be opted out on Firefox or on your laptop.
- Do Not Track: Some browsers have a â do not track â feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
- Flash Cookies: We currently do not use flash cookies, but we may in the future. To control flash cookies, click here. Why? Because flash cookies do not reside in your browser, so your browser settings will not affect them.
- Registered EmployeeRecognizer Site Users (including Registered App Users)
- Account Password Security: Your EmployeeRecognizer account password is encrypted on our server.
- Account Updates: By visiting you’re my EmployeeRecognizer; Account Settings. you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information associated with your account. However, even after you update information, we may maintain a copy of the original information in our records.
Information we receive about youIn General. We receive several different types of information from you when you use our Services or about you via someone else using our Services (like when a friend adds your email to an ecard), some of which is personally identifying, some is not. The information received through our Services may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We collect and store personal information and other identifiers you enter on our Services or that is provided to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your full name, email address, images, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). Additionally, we may collect and store any information, personal or otherwise, you provide while using any comment or chat features.
- Information from other sources. We also obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other users, business partners, contractors, and other third parties, and may add it to our account information or other information we have collected about you. For instance, the most frequent piece of information EmployeeRecognizer receives under this section is Recipient email addresses or cell phone numbers that are provided by Senders. Other examples of information we may receive include but are not limited to: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic and behavioral information.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically receive information from the browser, computer, and device used to access our Services. This information most often includes (without limitation) your IP address, your geographic location, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us when you use our Services, including (without limitation) email address, phone number, and physical address. So, for example, if you use our Service to send other people a gift, information that may interest them, ecards or correspondence, or other communications through our Services, we may store and use the information you provide to us. We use the information you provide about others in several ways, including (a) to allow people to respond to and comment on your EmployeeRecognizer ecard; (b) to send reminders and other event information; (c) to display your guests' email address or other information to other guests of the same event; (d) to send post-event communications and promotional emails; (e) to provide certain services through our Services; and (f) to provide to third parties under some circumstances.
2. Information Storage
We store all User information on secure servers and in the cloud.
3. Information Sharing
We share your information with EmployeeRecognizer personnel in the normal course of business. We also share some of your information with third parties.
A. Registered Site Users (including Registered App Users):
4. Information Deletion
You may request deletion of your EmployeeRecognizer account by e-mailing us at [email protected]
5. Email Communications
We communicate with account holders and customers about their accounts. If you want to stop receiving all email from us, delete your account.
The Sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
8. Contact Us
Please contact us if you have more questions. If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at [email protected]
Changes to this Policy
employeerecognizer.com may periodically update this policy. We do not intend to reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent, and we expect most such changes will be minor. Each version of this Policy will be identified at the top of the page by its effective date.